In this how-to guide, you will learn how to manage learner accounts. Managing learner accounts will equip your organization's customer service representatives with the knowledge to resolve many different types of learner support requests.
After completing this guide, you will be able to:
- Access and search for learner accounts
- Edit profile information for learner accounts
- View the course history and order history for learner accounts
- Merge learner accounts to resolve the issue of duplicate accounts for the same learner
Managing Learner Accounts
- Accessing Learner Accounts
- Searching for Learner Accounts
- Editing a Learner’s Profile
- Viewing a Learner’s Course History
- Viewing a Learner’s Order History
- Account Merge Tool
- Creating New Learner Accounts
Click Learner Accounts under the Accounts tab to begin managing learner accounts. It does not matter if an individual activity or ALL PROGRAMS view is selected, the Accounts tab will always search through all learner accounts for all activities.
1. To locate a specific learner account, first select a criteria from the drop-down menu.
2. Next, enter the search criteria into the field and click Search. All learner records matching the search criteria will be displayed in the search results.
3. To view all learner accounts in the system, select ALL RECORDS from criteria menu then click Search.
There are two types of learner profiles – the persistent profile and the participation record profile.
Persistent Profile – This is the main profile that learners can access from the My CE Page and from the “Edit my Profile” link while participating in an activity. Any changes made to the Persistent profile will only be reflected in new activities moving forward. For example, if a learner (or admin) updates his/her last name in the persistent profile, only certificates moving forward will reflect the new last name. If the learner had previously received a certificate before updating their last name, those previously awarded certificates will still contain the learner’s previous last name.
Participation Record Profile – Once a learner participates in an activity, a snapshot of their profile at the current time will be saved with their participation record. This preserves the integrity of the participation record at the time the learner completes the activity. To adjust the name on a learner's certificate, you would need to edit the Participation Record Profile.
To edit a learner's persistent profile:
1. Click the Manage button, then click Edit Profile. You can also click the learner’s name to access their profile information.
2. Make the changes to the account, then be sure to click the Save Account button. The next time the learner logs into their account, they will see the changes reflected in their persistent profile.
Please note that any changes made to the persistent profile will NOT be updated in previously completed participation records.
There are 2 different ways to view the course history for the selected learner. You can either click the Participation Records link or you can click the View Course History link under the Manage menu.
The course history displays all courses the learner has participated in, including courses they have started but may not have finished yet.
You can access the learner’s participation record for each course listed by clicking either the Course Name, or the More link under the Details column.
Under the Manage button, click View Order History.
The order history page will contain receipts for all purchases the learner has made in the Rievent Platform. Use the drop-down menu to view orders placed in the last 30 days, in the last 6 months, by year, or all orders associated with the learner’s account.
From the Actions menu, you can view the receipt for an individual transaction by clicking View Receipt.
You can also email a copy of the receipt to the learner by clicking Email Receipt. The system will then ask you to confirm your decision.
The email will be sent to the email address associated with the learner’s profile.
The account merge tool can be used to merge one learner account into another. This tool is useful when resolving support issues where a learner has created multiple accounts in the Rievent Platform.
1. Begin by locating the learner account you would like to merge into another account.
2. Next, select Merge This Account Into… from the Manage menu.
3. Use the search box to locate the destination account to merge the selected account into. You will have a chance to review and confirm the merge after selection.
4. When you locate the destination account in the search results, click Select.
5. Before finishing, be sure to review and confirm the selected accounts are correct.
Select Complete Merge to finish the account merge.
Learners typically create their own account when they access a Rievent Platform activity for the first time. However, creating a new learner account ahead of time will allow you to pre-populate some or all of their profile information so when the learner logs into their account for the first time they only have to select a password and complete any missing profile information. The system only requires you to enter the first name, last name, and email address of the learner. (For security reasons, administrators do not have access to learner passwords.)
1. Begin creating a new learner account by selecting New Account.
2. Complete all the required fields, then click Save Account to create the new account.