Filters provide the ability to drill down and report on a very specific sub-set of data. For example, filters can be used to only see data for physicians with a license from California that had completed an activity in the first half of 2017, or to see only learners who selected a particular credit type. Filters can be used to search through records of participation and they can also be applied to reports, including to .csv exports. Once applied the filter spans across all reports and exports, so you don't have to reapply it each time you view a new report.
Important Notes about Filters:
- When a filter is created, it saved only to the admin account that created it.
- Filters are intended to filter data within an existing report, not to create new standalone custom reports.
- For certain exports like the Program Participation Summary Export, when a filter is applied, the export will still contain the line items for all activities, however, the participation counts in the report will reflect the filtered data. For example, if a filter is applied to only show 2017 activities, the export will still contain the activities before 2017, however, the participation counts for those activities will be 0.
- From the Reports tab, click the icon and select New… from the drop-down menu. The filtering menu is accessible from aggregate reporting (from the "All Programs" view) as well as from an individual activity’s reports.
- On the left hand side in the Criteria Menu, click the icons to expand the filter criteria lists.
When selecting a criteria from the list, use the icon to include the criteria in the filter, or select the icon to exclude the criteria. For this example, we will create a filter for viewing the number of Physicians who completed an activity in the first half of 2018.
Be sure the Any or All setting is correctly applied to the filter.
Any: When including more that one criteria, the filter will show records that not only match all the criteria, but records that match any of the criteria in the filter.
All: When including more than one criteria, the filter will only show data that matches all of the criteria in the filter.
Available filter criteria:
- After selecting the criteria, click Count in the upper right hand corner to see the number of records that fit the selected criteria. Then, click Apply Criteria to apply the filter to your current session.
Click the “Save As” button to save the current filter for future use. Saving the filter also allows you to search with the filter on the records tab.
- Once the filter has been applied, it spans across all reports, including all .csv exports on the Reports tab. You can view reports in aggregate with All Programs view, or you can select an individual program from the drop-down menu. To remove the filter, click the icon.
- To edit, re-name, or delete an existing filter, go the Reports tab and click the icon. Then select either a new or existing filter from the menu.
- Click Manage Filters.
- Edit, re-name, or delete the filter.
The filter must be saved in order to search through records of participation.
To search through records of participation with a filter, first create and save the desired filter. Navigate to the Records tab and select the filter from the filter by menu. You can search through an individual activity's records, or switch to All Programs view to search through every participation record in your account.