Before testing, you must have first created the activity using the Live Event template, set the venue and event times, and configured all session information.
- If an activity tester registers for the activity from the Admin Dashboard's Draft Review Links, the tester's record will be marked as a Draft Review record. This setting will allow the tester to by-pass date-based gate restrictions (sessions and event) so all evaluations may be tested.
- If an activity tester registers for an activity using the Share Activity Links, by copying the link into a new browser window, the tester's record will not be marked as a Draft Review record, and the tester may test the first date-based gate restriction, preventing session evaluation access if the session has not already finished.
For more detailed instructions on testing Live Events, click here.
NOTE: The Event and CME Reminder email send times cannot be customized.
- Event Reminder Emails: All registered learners receive an automated reminder emails that are sent 3 days before and 1 day before the event.
- getCME Reminder Emails: Sent out 2, 5, and 10 days after an event.
Only learners who have been marked as having attended the event will receive the CME Reminder emails. More information
There are two kinds of time-based gates in the request for credit.
- One is related to the session end times - learners cannot complete an individual session/speaker evaluation for a session they selected until that session has finished; so if a learner has selected sessions in the future they will not be able to complete the remainder of their evaluations until each of those sessions have passed.
- After completing all the selected session evaluations, there is also another gate that will prevent a learner from proceeding to select credit and get their certificate until the overall live event has completed (based on the overall live event end date time).
How do I set my event and session times if I'm in a different time zone than where the live event takes place?
The timezone is based off the zip code of the venue which is set for each Live Event.
How do I mark learners as having attended the event so they will receive the getCME Reminder emails?
Select the live event from the Manage Your Program drop-down menu, then go the Live Events tab to access the Registrants list. From the registrants list, check the boxes under the Attended column to mark learners as having attended the event. There is also an option to select all registrants as having attended. To do this, check the box immediately to the left of the "Contact" column, then choose the "Mark Attended" option from the "Manage Checked Registrants" drop-down menu.
Why, after I've accessed the registration chooser page, is the page showing me a link to register even though I already registered?
In most cases, the learner is not logged into the site at the time the registration chooser page is displayed. If the learner clicks the "Register" button, followed by signing-in, they will be presented with the notification that they are already registered.
The standard behavior of live event registration and request for credit is described below:
- A live event is composed of (2) primary workflows: Registration and Request for Credit
- NOTE: Depending on how a specific Live Event is configured, an Outcomes workflow may also be included.
- Both workflows may be accessed via the same standard activity URL (i.e.: https://universityclinic.rievent.com/a/19196PAhANTA)
- Depending on when the standard activity URL is accessed, the activity will provide either the registration or request for credit activity.
- Credit may be claimed and a certificate awarded only after the live event has been completed.
- When an event requires pre-registration, only registered learners can claim credit.
- Admins can register walk-ins through manual data entry.
Prior to the event taking place:
- The registration workflow will always be presented.
- If a learner is not registered, the registration workflow will guide the learner through the registration portion of the activity.
- If a learner is already registered, when they click the "Register" button on the Registration Chooser Page, a message informs them they are already registered.
After the event starts:
- If a learner is registered, the standard activity URL will guide the learner through the request for credit activity.
- If a learner is not registered, they will not be able to claim credit. The only exception is if the activity is specifically configured to not require registration.
- Registered learners who access the request for credit activity URL (ending with "/getcme" like https://universityclinic.rievent.com/a/19196PAhANTA/getcme ) prior to the completion of the overall event, will be able to mark the sessions they have attended and also complete the evaluations associated with those sessions that have already concluded, but not for any sessions that have not yet ended.
- Only when the event has ended can learners claim credit and generate a certificate.